Connecting to a Checkout Host Via IP Address (Manual)
Users who have a Firewall setup may need to use the manual (IP) connection method to connect to their Host store from a workstation computer. To do this the computers must still be on the same network.
Find out the IP of the host:
- On the host machine go to the Apple > System Preferences
- Look for the connection with the green light (this is your
active connection) on the left hand side of the Network
- Write down the IP address that is listed on the right-side (Example: 192.168.1.55)
Ensure that the host is sharing the Checkout store:
- Log into the Checkout store on the host
- Go to Manager > General
- Make sure the box next to "Store Sharing" is checked
Configure your Firewall to allow Checkout access. This may require the help of a networking professional. By default Checkout uses port 5506.
Connect to the host from the workstation computer
- Launch Checkout
- Click on the "Login to Store" button in the bottom right corner
of the "Welcome to Checkout" window
- Click on the magnifying glass next to Store:
- Click on the Manual tab
- Enter in the IP address of the host computer (and port number if necessary) and click add
You should see all stores located on the host computer and can double-click to select that store. You'll be prompted to enter your user name and password.
TIP: To confirm that the host and workstation are on the same network compare their IP addresses and connection types. Both computers should either be on Ethernet (preferably) or wireless - mixing amd matching generally means they are on different networks.