Setup for New Shopify Users
In order to integrate with Shopify, you must be using Checkout version 5.
Setup of products within Checkout
- To setup Shopify with Checkout, you must log into your store as a Manager on the host computer.
- Once logged into Checkout, you must make sure your products are set to "Show in Web Store". You can do this by going to the Manager and choosing Products and then going to the web store tab. This is also where you setup if the product has tags, images, is shippable, and the weight.
- Checkout has also added a new feature under the Stock tab in each product allowing you to allocate a certain amount of stock for that particular item to your web store. If you plan on using stock inventory sync with Shopify, this feature will be useful.
- In Checkout, go to the Manager on the top right and choose the Web Store option.
- On this screen, if you already have a Shopify account, you can click on Set up Shopify on the bottom right. If you don't already have a Shopify account, you can click here and sign-up for one.
- Once you have a Shopify account, you can click on Set up Shopify on the bottom right.
- Here is where you will type in your Shopify address and click next.
- A popup will come up allowing you to login to your Shopify store using your email and password.
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to install the Checkout Point of Sale Connector. You must click Install App to proceed.
There are a few settings within Checkout which will allow you different syncing capabilities.
Allocate stock for new incoming web orders
Select this option in case you want new web orders to immediately affect the available product stock.
Invoice newly archived Shopify orders
When Shopify order are archived, invoice the Checkout order if fully paid and allocated. When archived after being fully refunded and cancelled on Shopify, delete the Checkout web order.
Publish new products immediately on your Web Store
When this option is off, new products being uploaded to Shopify will be hidden. This allows you to verify and modify the products within Shopify prior to selling them online. When ready to sell online, adjust the visibility flag on the products within Shopify.
Manage stock inventory
Do not upload low stock products to Web Store (Remove products from Web Store when availble stock is below Web Store Minimum stock.)
Update with Web Store
This will allow you to choose how often you want your web store to sync automatically in the background of Checkout (15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes)
After you setup your Settings within Checkout, you can click Sync Store on the bottom right. This will push all of your products that are marked as "Show in Web Store" up to Shopify. If your products are not marked "Show in Web Store" they will not sync to Shopify. Once the sync is completed, a web store sync log is generated and display a recap of the previous sync.
At this point, all of your items will uploaded to Shopify and you go back to the Manager and click on Web Store. Once under the Web Store tab, you can click Online Settings and begin to sell your products on Shopify. To learn more about order syncing, click here.